Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Post of the Day: 12/3/2013

So now that I'm done with the intro post, I figured I'd start a post about what when on today in my life. These Posts of the Day don't really need to be read by anyone, and they're not really written for people to read lol. I'm going to write them because I want to get it all out before I go to bed so I don't need to think about what happened during the day while I sleep.

Woke up pretty late today but got to work on time. Grabbed something to eat from the food court and it was pretty decent. In the office, there was a meeting going down which I certainly did not want to be a part of since I was only half awake so I decided to take a detour to my desk that doesn't go past that conference room.

On the way to my desk, I saw my work love. She's been working here for quite a while now and I've always had my eye on her since the first day I saw her. When I introduced myself the first time I met her, I immediately ran to my friend's office and told him how amazing I thought she was. He laughed and thought I was a nut case. Can't say that I blame him - I only knew she existed for about an hour!

I sat down at my desk and realized that it's probably a good idea to be a bit more productive this week than I was last week. I didn't feel like doing squat last week partially because it was Thanksgiving week and also because last week was filled with way too much boring paperwork to do.

I'm the kind of person who works great under pressure and can handle a fairly decent workload, but if it just becomes overwhelming, I just turn my computer off and go home and forget about it lol. Not the best quality to have, but it's the truth.

But from now on I hope to not be like that. I want to move up in this company and I want to plant roots here. Well, maybe. Haven't decided that far into the future yet.

When I was talking with another co-worker later in the day, this lady who's quite friendly joined in the conversation. We were talking about stores we thought were good. Clothing stores specifically, not grocery stores or pet stores or whatever else stores.

She mentioned she'd had her coat for like 15 years and I made a comment saying that's close to how long I've been alive. She took it as me saying she was old, but I definitely did not mean it in that way. I wasn't even thinking of it like that until she made a weird face and my co-worker buddy told me how it came off.

I'm going to apologize to her tomorrow and hope she doesn't rip into me.

That's what irked me a little bit today, but I think I will be over it and forget about it by the end of tomorrow.

Oh! How could I forget? My work love.

She is freakin' magnificent. Never seen a woman so beautiful in my life. She's very career focused, but I don't think she knows what she wants out of a personal life, if that makes any sense. She's quiet, but outgoing when in a group. She makes the silliest faces and has a great sense of humor. Every day I walk into work and she's the first person I look for. Simply a great way to start the day.

Just wish I had the courage to ask her out. Truth is, I've had my heart broken once, and I'm scared to take on a relationship again right now.

Who knows what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment