Thursday, December 5, 2013

Burt's Bees Men's Products: My First Product Review Ever!

As I stated in my latest Post of the Day up to this point, I am going to begin doing product reviews of either products I try out for myself or products people suggest and I look into/purchase and test.

Today's review is for the men's products which Burt's Bees offers.

To begin, I just want to let everyone know that I've been using the Burt's Bees shaving cream for men for about 4 months now. I have severe acne which began in my pre-teens and got extremely worse during my later teen and early twenties years. I read everything I could on acne and how it worsens and what a person can do to prevent/stop it from occurring. To my surprise, the type of shaving cream a man uses can increase/decrease his chances of getting facial acne.

The skin on my whole entire body is very sensitive. I can't use certain types of tanning lotion, I can't use certain types of facial moisturizers, and I can't even let some fruits touch my skin (quite weird, I know).

Previously, I was using a shaving creme that is VERY popular among men and is marketed quite heavily. I'm betting most men have tried their shaving gels/creams. They do give a very close shave, but gave me tons of acne.

Since using the all natural Burt's Bees shaving cream, I have seen my acne SIGNIFICANTLY, and I mean SIGNIFICANTLY, decrease. My face is nearly clear with the exception of acne scars on my cheeks and chin and a couple marks on my forehead.

I was beyond ecstatic at the impact the shaving cream had.

It smells just like the shaving cream that barbers use and is very natural/masculine smelling. Even my sister said she enjoys using it and it's not even for women lol. You can find the product on the Burt's Bees official website for only $8.00. Talk about a freakin' steal.

Last week, I decided to shop online (I rarely, if ever, do) and treat myself to the other Burt's Bees products I had been wanting to try but couldn't find in stores. These products are:
I'll begin with the body wash. This stuff smells so good when you open it, but once you use it you'll notice the smell can be a bit much if you're the type of person who uses cologne after showering and wants to smell more like the designer cologne you invest in versus the $8.00 body wash. This all natural product cleans well and leaves skin feeling great, but that is the only problem I had with it. The smell is just a little overpowering for me.

Next up: the bar soap. I'm not the type of guy who likes using bar soap simply because I find liquid body washes easier to use. However, what's good about this soap is that it is FANTASTIC on my face before I shave every morning. I can actually my skin "calming down" and becoming less sensitive as it soaks in the natural ingredients of the soap. The bar smells fantastic, almost like a faint honey smell. It makes my entire bathroom smell great along with cleaning my pores. Only downside of this soap is that the bar is quite small for $4.00. Then again, that really isn't that much for a clean body lol.

As guys, we all know how terrible it can be if you don't have the right deodorant. Itchy, sweaty, smelly pits are freakin' disgusting. The problem I have with other deodorants is that they actually tend to dry out my arm pits. The Burt's Bees deodorant didn't do that, which I'm thankful for, but it also didn't really keep the smell away either for as long as I need it to. I am an athlete; I play basketball, soccer, run track, tennis, and swim. After a normal workout (nothing too vigorous), I began noticing that I was starting to smell. This normally doesn't happen with my other deodorant that I usually use. Guess I will be switching back.

Finally, we have the aftershave. This is possibly my most favorite aftershave and moisturizer of all time! Natural is the way to go when it comes to your face. Like the shaving cream they sell, Burt's Bees aftershave is all natural and leaves my face smooth and sweet smelling after a close shave. The shaving cream and aftershave combo should be sold in a pack. I am absolutely in love with both items. What I notice about this aftershave is that it seems to be absorbed by my skin a lot quicker than regular aftershaves that can be found in Target. I was previously using the Aveeno aftershave. Although the Aveeno product is about $2.00 less than the BB one, I am going to spend that extra couple of bucks all day on this product. Can't say enough great things about it.

On a last note, I want to stress the importance of taking care of your body. Men are often left out when it comes to talking about their feelings and confidence. Ever since I began taking care of my body physically, it has helped me mature mentally and gain the confidence I need to excel in every aspect of my life and my career. By taking care of myself with these BB products, I am only succeeding further and I wish the same for all you guys out there who read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment